Sunday, November 8, 2015

Peanuts 2015 movie Review

Back in June I've said that Inside Out only had one real competition in terms of animation this year and it was Peanuts. Was I right? Let's find out!

The big problem that I have with remakes of cartoons is that they often stray heavily from the source material. This movie was extremely faithful to the original cartoons in tone, animation, voices, and style. I can't begin to say how much I LOVE this movie.
The story follows our loveable loser, Charlie Brown and our favorite dog, Snoopy. Charlie Brown spends the movie trying to work up the gumption to speak to the Little Redhead Girl who moved across the street from his home. As for Snoopy his main story is his Red Baron fantasies. I love the Red Baron scenes. Their fun to look at and in 3D, they look fantastic, but I personally would've toned down on it in order to focus more on the other Peanuts characters, but it's still enjoyable.

The nostalgia is so high in this movie! All the characters act who they are and they don't try to update them unnecessarily. So if you're a longtime Peanuts fan, you will definitely love this. Great kids movie without being edgy or rude, which is great.  I give Inside Out the slight edge in terms of plot, but Peanuts wins everything else. Worth it!

Next Time: Victor Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment