Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jurassic World Review

So let me star off by saying that I really enjoyed this movie.
I've been a casual fan of Jurassic Park ever since the first movie from 1993 and originally I did have some concerns, since the previous two movies weren't as stellar as they could've been.
The Lost World was just awful and I know most people don't like Jurassic Park 3. I did, because it reminded me of a better written Ray Harryhausen movie from the 60's and 70's. That being said, I was strongly looking forward to this new fourth movie and it met my expectations!

If you are a fan of this series, you'll love it and there are several references to the original film, but it's not so daunting that newcomers can watch it without being lost.
Plot is pretty basic, but that's not a bad thing for this type of story. You definitely won't be bored by it's pacing.
The acting is good and of course Chris Pratt doesn't disappoint, but I wish they did something better with the female characters. They leave much to be desired...
Vincent D'Nofrio as they villain was a little boring, but that is kinda the standard for this series, so I let it slide.
Effects were great, but I still love the old charm of the animatronics from before.

What I do give this movie credit for is that it really gives you a sense of danger and suspense, since the park is complete and there are thousands of guests in this dangerous place.

So in the end, Jurassic Park is still my favorite, but this is a close second for me and it's worth watching.

Tell me what you think. Yes, no, maybe so? I'd like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment